Monday, February 2, 2015

Happiness Story and famous failures


Form Good Thinking Habits

A person easily becomes a slave to habits. And the most difficult habit to break is that of thinking in a certain manner.

The answer? Fight habit with habit! Work to form the habit of thinking rationally and productively. In this way, you will change your entire thought patterns for the better.


Love Yehuda Lave

 I must say a couple of words about the great super bowl that I watched live last night with my friend Jay...Males don't get to bond very often because they need to be doing something to truly bond unlike females that can have great bonding experiences, just having coffee together.

Two old guys can get together eat guacamole and crackers and become young again through the magic of high definition television.

The game happened to be one of the best in the super bowl history with the New England team beating the Seattle team in the last seconds 28 to 24, but even if it had been a dud, when two guys bond they become young again as if we able to be out on the field ourselves. Both of us have had the benefit of being active sports wise when we were younger, but even cripples and centenarians come back to life..  G-d wants us to enjoy all the benefits of this world and being with a buddy watching the game certainly is one of those benefits.




Enjoy these motivational tapes from Famous Failures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLYECIjmnQs&src_vid=VrSUe_m19FY&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_63098



An excerpt from
The Road To Happiness
by Mac Anderson and BJ Gallagher
When I travel on business, I like to talk to the taxi drivers who take me from the airport to my hotel, or to a convention center, or to a restaurant. Taxi drivers are often immigrants with interesting personal histories and unusual cultural backgrounds. I ask them how long they've been in America, how they chose which city to live in, and what they like best about where they live. Of course, I also ask them for advice on good local restaurants and any special attractions they'd recommend to a visitor. I've had some great experiences on my travels, thanks to the advice of taxi drivers!

On one trip about ten years ago, I was making conversation with the taxi driver, asking him my usual questions about how he came to live where he lived. Then I asked him a hypothetical question: "If you could live anywhere in the world-and if money was no object-where would you live?"

Without hesitating even for a second, he replied, "I live in my heart. So it really doesn't matter where my body lives. If I am happy inside, then I live in paradise, no matter where my residence is."

I felt humbled and a little foolish for my question. Of course he was right-happiness is an inside job. He had reminded me of something I already knew, but had forgotten. If you can't find happiness inside yourself, you'll never find it in the outside world, no matter where you move. Wherever you go, there you are. You take yourself with you.

I am grateful for the wisdom of that taxi driver.







--