Thursday, February 17, 2011

If My Body Were a Car...and Appreciate Soldiers

Appreciate Soldiers

A person who spent a lot of time and effort to express gratitude to soldiers was challenged, "But ultimately it is G-d who protects us. Why are you so grateful to these individuals?"

"If someone goes out of his way to help you financially when you need it, are you grateful?" he asked that person.

"Of course I am," was the reply.

"But isn't G-d the ultimate source of the money you get?" he asked.

"Yes. But I still have an obligation to be grateful to the people who are kind to me."

"The same applies to the soldiers whose willingness to risk their lives enables you to feel more secure. Moreover, those who express gratitude to soldiers, actually increase their gratitude to G-d for His/her protection. Those who aren't grateful to the human beings they see, are more likely to take the Almighty's protection for granted. Instead of decreasing gratitude to Hashem, expressing gratitude to soldiers increases feelings of gratitude to the Creator of it all."

Love Yehuda









If My
Body Were a Car

This is just too funny -
scary how true it is!!


 




IF MY BODY
WERE A CAR...

If my body were a car, this is the time
I would be thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've
got bumps and dents
and scratches in my finish
and my paint job is getting a little dull ....
But that's
not the worst of it.

My headlights are out of focus
and it's especially hard to see things up close

My traction
is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and
bump into things even in the best of weather.

My
whitewalls are stained with varicose veins.

It takes me
hours to reach my maximum speed. My fuel rate burns
inefficiently.

But here's the worst of it
--


Almost every
time I sneeze, cough or sputter, either my radiator leaks or my
exhaust backfires!


 
 


 


 
 


 

 

 


 

 

 





--
Visit my Blog: http://yehudalave.blogspot.com/