Overcome Obstacles to Action
At times you might have negative reactions when trying to perform a good deed. You might feel rebellious and would rather not do the deed. Do not feel sad or nervous about this. The essence of doing good deeds is the effort, and we cannot expect it will always be easy to do the right thing.
Have a conversation with yourself. Ask yourself why you find it difficult. What exactly is bothering you? This will give you personal insight and will help you gro
Love Yehuda Lave
Speaking of doing a good deed here is a world wide project for next shabbat
Rabbi Warren Goldstein, Chief Rabbi of South Africa, has taken the Shabbos Project of South Africa, begun in 2013, to the entire Jewish world this year. To quote Rabbi Goldstein, “Of all the mitzvos, Shabbos has the power to transform Klal Yisrael — culturally, as a matter of identity, as a declaration of emunah, and as a gateway to a Torah way of life.” I will share the Shabbos Project manifesto with you:
1. Together we will keep the Shabbat of 24/25 October from sundown to stars out.
2. We will keep it in its entirety, in all of its halachic detail and splendor as it has been kept throughout the ages.
3. Its rhythm will unite us with each other, with Jews around the world and throughout the ages.s
4. On this day we will create a warm and loving space, holding our families together.
5. On this day we will lay down the burdens, distractions, demands and pressures of daily life.
6. On this day we will renew ourselves, emerging spiritually, emotionally and physically invigorated.
7. On this day we will own our precious heritage, wearing it as a badge of pride and honor.
8. Together we embark on this great adventure to rediscover our G-d-given gift of Shabbat.