Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Tribute to Gene Wilder

Rabbi Yehuda Lave from Jerusalem
Forgive Fully

A person who sincerely fears the Almighty should forgive someone who wronged him when that person asks for forgiveness. He should do his best to return to the previous state of loving-friendship that existed before the other person erred.

We find in the Torah (Genesis 50:21) that Yosef forgave his brothers for selling him into slavery as soon as they asked his forgiveness. He told them that because he fears G-d they need not worry.

Is there anyone you have not yet forgiven? If yes, imagine that the person has the wisdom and courage to ask you for forgiveness. Visualize yourself forgiving that person. The next time you encounter that person act with the friendliness of someone you have forgiven

Love Yehuda Lave
THE WORLD IS MINE*
(Author Unknown)


Today, upon a bus, I saw a very beautiful woman
and wished I were as beautiful.
When suddenly she rose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and used a crutch.
But as she passed, she passed a smile.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two legs; the world is mine.


I stopped to buy some candy.
The lad who sold it had such charm.
I talked with him, he seemed so glad.
If I were late, it'd do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me,
"I thank you, you've been so kind.
It's nice to talk with folks like you.
You see," he said, "I'm blind."
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two eyes; the world is mine.


Later while walking down the street,
I saw a child I knew.
He stood and watched the others play,
but he did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said,
Why don't you join them dear?"
He looked ahead without a word.
I forgot, he couldn't hear.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two ears; the world is mine.


With feet to take me where I'd go,
With eyes to see the sunset's glow,
With ears to hear what I'd know,
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I've been blessed indeed, the world is mine.
Top scenes from Gene Wilder movies
Original trailer to the Frisco Kid
The Yid meets the Amish
Facebook
Google Plus
Twitter
View this email in your browser
You are receiving this email because of your relationship with Rabbi Yehuda Lave. If you do not wish to receive any more emails, you can unsubscribe here.
This message was sent to AAAAmerican.lovehesced@blogger.com by yehudalave@yehudalave.co
Jerusalem, Israel, California, 92106


Unsubscribe from all mailings Unsubscribe | Manage Subscription | Forward Email | Report Abuse