Some people make themselves sad over trivial matters. Any objective observer will look on in amazement. This person had the ability to live his life with feelings of happiness, since he truly does have what he needs. Yet he feels miserable because of minor and unimportant things. He views what he is missing as extremely important -- and what he does have pales in comparison! He even thinks that life is not worth living without what he's presently missing!
- If you can start the day without caffeine,
- If you can get going without pep pills,
- If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
- If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
- If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,
- If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,
- If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
- If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,
- If you can conquer tension without medical help,
- If you can relax without liquor,
- If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,
- ...Then You Are Probably The Family Dog!
- And you thought I was going to get all spiritual with this, huh?!