Thursday, April 15, 2010

free flight and what you can learn from failure on this tax day April 15, 2010

 Mac Anderson is one of the most successful producers of motivational books, tapes etc.  After a period of rapid growth his company went into a tailspin He asks "What did I learn  from that failure? After some soul searching, I came to realize that my strengths were my people skills and creative skills. He said "My weaknesses, on the other hand, were in the details - accounting and operations that were critical to success. I needed to hire people who had been there and done that; so we could rebuild our infrastructure to grow the business again."

"It was a very painful wake-up call. I had failed greatly...but from that failure came some of the most valuable lessons in my life."

Now, I, Yehuda, have different positive skills, my accounting and people skills are obviously strong, but I am not as keen on details. One has to have trust in your detail person otherwise you also fail.

One has to realize that one can constantly fail without both trust in G-d and helping yourself. Even when things seem to be sailing along, a tremendous blow can happen at any second. I had that this year in the loss of my assistant who I hired to help with the details.

King David is our primary teacher, in how one can constantly fail, but pick your self up and start again. He did not let his failures stop him from being the greatest. He had to however learn, how to handle failure.

Failure is a big part of life, but it's how we react to failing that will determine our destiny. If we learn from it and move on, it can help to make us all we can be. If you fear it to the extent that you never take risks, you'll never grow.


Love Yehuda

Speaking of failure, enjoy this film about free flight of some of our fastest birds



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-_RHRAzUHM&feature=player_embedded

--
"The past is history, the future a mystery and now is the gift - which is why it's called the present."
Enjoy this life~~~ For one day, we shall be gone.