Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Charles Jacobs Moment: Leftist Rabbis Endanger Jewish Community and a special prayer today  for  your livelihood (money)

Can't see images? Click here...

Yehuda Lave, Spiritual Advisor and Counselor

Sound Advice

Sound is energy. This is a highly significant statement that effects you every time you speak to someone. Your tone of voice creates a specific type of energy. A soft and smooth tone of voice creates peaceful energy. An upbeat or joyous tone of voice creates positive energy. Both of these are in stark contrast to an angry tone of voice that creates an angry loop.

When you speak, your tone of voice creates either positive or distressful feelings in the person on the receiving end of that energy. The other person is likely to speak back to you in a tone that is similar to your own. For this reason King Solomon (Proverbs 15:1) advises us: "A soft reply turns away anger." A soft tone of voice has a calming effect both on you the speaker and on the listener.

Do you want others to speak to you in an upbeat tone of voice? Then speak to them that way. A word of caution: For some people an overly enthusiastic tone of voice is too intense. So observe the effects of how you speak and modify your intensity according to the reaction of the listener.

Love Yehuda Lave

Charles Jacobs Moment: Leftist Rabbis Endanger Jewish Community

Absolutely important video.  Watch in its entirety.  Pass on to others. Regarding Jewish naivete, stupidity, or perfidy regarding helping those who would slaughter Jews.  Shocking information included. 

I judge a restaurant by the bread and by the coffeeBurt Lancaster

If you have good food, people will come to your restaurant. 

Mickey Gilley

 

A great restaurant doesn't distinguish itself by how few mistakes it makes but by how well they handle those mistakesDanny Meyer

 

Fame itself... doesn't really afford you anything more than a good seat in a restaurantDavid Bowie

 

The best meal at my restaurant is the whole right side of the menu.

Junior Seau

 

The other night I ate at a real nice family restaurant. Every table had an argument going. George Carlin

 

The livelihood of the restaurant is dependent upon getting the word out.David Chang

 

The C student starts a restaurant. The A student writes restaurant reviews. P. J. O'Rourke

 

If music be the food of love, play on. William Shakespeare

 

I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance. Steven Wright

 

Every restaurant needs to have a point of view. Danny Meyer

 

 

I consider myself to be a very lucky person. You see, I live right next door to a restaurant. Maybe I am not so lucky, after all. You see, 

I live right next door to a restaurant.

 

As God is My Witness, I'll never be hungry again. – Scarlet O'Hara,

Gone with the Wind

Once a Year: Don't Miss This Special Segulah for Livelihood

Today on Tuesday of Parshat Beshalach the Chapter of the "Mahn" should be said.

Once a Year: Don't Miss This Special Segulah for Livelihood

In the Name of the Holy Rabbi Mendel of Riminov it was said that it is a special segulah to say the chapter of the 'mahn' twice and translated once on the Tuesday of the week we read Beshalach in that Shabbat.

Why? What is so special about the chapter about the mahn?

1. In the Sefer Hayashar the "Book of the Straight" from Rabbenu Tam it is written that: "The main trait of all good traits is faith and trust, to believe with complete faith that the Creator blessed be He, is the leader and watches over everyone and provides each individual what he lacks. And that a person cannot even touch a hair breath of what is prepared for his friend.  Through this he will come to trust as his heart will be sure and secure with G-d that all that is prepared for him from G-d will get to him without any extra effort and he won't spend his days with worries and vanities trying to amass wealth for he believes and has faith that he has no ability of his own rather what is budgeted for him from the heavens that is what he will have – no more and no less."   

2. Rabbeinu Bachya explains why G-d made the mahn fall at night. "And they would awaken in the morning and find their food ready with no effort in order to teach them that one who goes in G-d's path  will find his sustenance without toil and effort."

3. This is why it is brought down in the Shulchan Aruch (code of laws) 1,5, that it's good to say the chapter of the akeda- Binding every morning and the chapter of the mahn. The Rabbeinu Bachya adds that whoever says the Chapter of the Mahn every day is guaranteed never to lack sustenance. The Tashbatz says in the name of the Jerusalem Talmud that whoever says the chapter of the mahn daily will never lack for sustenance and he adds "I guarantee this". This is because a person will always know where to turn when lacking livelihood.

4.The Taz explains that "This is in order that a person believe all his sustenance comes providentially from on High."

5.The Mishna Berurah adds: "This teaches us that more effort doesn't help. Just as 'the one who added mahn more than his portion didn't have more' and 'the one who took less didn't have less' everyone had an omer per head as ordained from heaven. From this man should learn that more effort for livelihood add more income and food and the opposite, less effort won't diminish his income and livelihood and G-d will fill in what he lacks according to what was decreed."

6. The opposite is also true. Whoever lacks faith in G-d will diminish his blessing and livelihood. The Chiddushei HaRim explains that G-d commanded a jar of mahn be preserved for future generations for all to see that G-d provides endlessly for the ones who fear Him. Those who chase after their livelihood with worry and fear that they'll lack bread and have no faith in G-d blessed be He who truly watches over all and provides for all of his creations without any stop at all, they cause harm to their blessing sent from above and, so to speak, weaken G-d's ability to bestow good on them and bring about lack upon themselves."

7. There is a custom to bring food to the birds before this Shabbat. Rabbi Elimelech Biderman explains that the source of this is that: "Birds approaching their food bend their heads down and take the food and immediately lift their heads upwards and the repeat this cycle as they eat; down and up. This teaches us that one should expend some effort for livelihood but remember to immediately lift up your head and hope to G-d for He is the one who will provide you with your livelihood."

8. We said before in the Name of the Holy Rabbi Mendel of Riminov that it is a special segulah to say the chapter of the 'mahn' twice and translated once on the Tuesday of the week we read Beshalach that Shabbat.

9. Before saying the chapter of the mahn there is a prayer and another one afterwards. One can say the chapter on Shabbat but the prayers for livelihood before and after should not be said on Shabbat.

How Do You Stop Jews Stoning Jews?

 

Posted: 08 Jan 2018 11:26 AM PST

Down the hill from the lovely neighborhood where I live is the world's number one hotbed of religious Jewish fanaticism: Ramat Beit Shemesh Bet, known as RBS-B. Earlier today, a religious IDF soldier was driving his car through that neighborhood when he was assailed by stones. He lost control of his car, crashed into a post, and had to be hospitalized.

It could have been worse. He could have been killed. He could have run over a child. God forbid, such a thing could happen next time. As I once wrote in a post, it may be only a matter of time before someone is killed.

What does one do about this? I've been writing about it for years, but I don't know if that's achieved anything. A number of local activists organized a rally. Maybe that will make things better, by motivating locals and authorities to take action. Maybe it will make things worse, by inciting the zealots further. I honestly don't know, and I'm not sure if anyone else knows, either.

Meanwhile, while all this was going down, I was dealing with other stone-throwing religious hooligans in Beit Shemesh. I was in my office at the Biblical Museum of Natural History, and I happened to glance at the feed from the security cameras. To my dismay, I saw three little children with long peyos, who looked no more than seven years old, throwing stones at our outdoors petting zoo. I raced outside and confronted them.

"Yeladim, would you like it if I threw stones at your house?" I asked them.

"What, is this your house?" one of them asked me in puzzlement.

They didn't appear to grasp the message, but they stopped throwing stones.

A half-hour later, we had a scheduled visit of fifty children from a local Talmud Torah from a certain sect in RBS-B. Some of these communities refuse to visit zoos, since they are open on Shabbos. We not only present a rich Torah experience, but we also provide a Shomer Shabbos, "safe" environment for them - there are no dinosaurs or other hashkafically-challenging material, we switch off all the video screens, we hide any promotional literature with pictures of women, and the female members of staff stay out of sight. Today's group even asked our guide to conceal his smartphone.

We run many such tours and it's never clear to me who finds the experience more fascinating, them or us. These are children from communities that don't visit zoos, that don't have pets, and that don't watch wildlife documentaries. They have never have had any significant exposure to the natural world, and it shows in the most unexpected ways. For example, in our record-breaking exhibit of shofars from different species, we have little plastic figurines of the animals that each shofar is from. Frequently, the children ask if the figurines are real animals!

I don't guide these groups myself; we have an American-Israeli charedi-lite guide for these groups (and a chassidic guide from the Kirya Charedit for the Yiddish-speaking groups). But I often step into the main hall to watch, and to assist with the handling of exotic animals that takes place at the end of each tour. Like all Israelis, these kids are often quite unruly compared with Anglos. And within each group, as with any group, there is a spectrum of personalities - there are the adorable, sweet, polite kids, and there are the ruffians.

Sometimes I wonder if I am dealing with a kid who, ten years down the line, will be throwing rocks at soldiers and religious Zionists. But these children inevitably have a certain measure of respect for the staff of the museum, even though we are not from their communities. And we have impressed (and perhaps surprised) them with our knowledge of animals and Torah. I'm not sure if anyone outside of their communities has ever made such an impression on them before.

And when we show them how to handle the animals, which is a completely new experience for them, we teach them how to interact respectfully with others. These children, with no previous exposure to animals, often don't realize that animals are living creatures with feelings. When they bang on the cage to make the animal move, I ask them if they would like it someone banged on their house, and you can see how they are grasping the concept. When they ask if the turtle or lizard or snake will bite them, I tell them that if they treat the animal gently and with respect, it will reciprocate. And they understand, and they handle the animal more gently.

I don't know how much this blog impacts charedi society. I don't know how much counter-violence rallies impact charedi society. Sometimes I wonder if perhaps the Biblical Museum of Natural History, in the long run, has the gentlest but greatest impact.

Thoughts on getting older

Today, I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People get out of the way much faster now.
Gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers. Now they talk and drink like their fathers.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row.
I decided to stop calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it to "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.
Old age is coming at a really bad time. When I was a child I thought "Nap Time" was a punishment. Now, as a grownup, it feels like a small vacation.
The biggest lie I tell myself is.."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."
I don't have gray hair; I have "wisdom highlights." I'm just very wise.
If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would've put them on my knees.
Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet!
Why do I have to press one for English when you're just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?
Of course, I talk to myself; sometimes I need expert advice.
At my age "Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.I am a Seenager. (Senior teenager) I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 60 years later.
I don't have to go to school or work.
I get an allowance every month.
I have my own pad.
I don't have a curfew..
I have a driver's license and my own car.
I have ID that gets me into bars and the whisky store.
The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant.
And I don't have acne.Life is great. I have more friends I should send this to, but right now I can't remember their names!

Have a blessed 2018!

See you tomorrow

Love Yehuda Lave

Rabbi Yehuda Lave

Your mailing address

Contact Phone

Website

LIKE TWEET FORWARD

You received this email because you signed up on our website or made purchase from us.

Unsubscribe