Friday, March 31, 2017

A Drone through southern Israel on the way to Elat

Can't see images? Click here...

Rabbi Yehuda Lave

Build On Your Successes

Every time you accomplish anything, you do so based on your inner resources - your traits, emotional states, talents, and skills. These are all gifts from your loving Father and King, Creator and Sustainer of the universe.

Once you have actualized potential, it is yours for a lifetime. From there, you can keep building. Knowing this will give you a sense of confidence that will enable you to accomplish much more in the future.

Be aware of what prevents you from accomplishing even more than you already are.

Love Yehuda Lave

via Max Edelkopf

What do you call an Aaron Kodesh with a lock on it?
A SAFER TORAH...

Southern Israel - Trip to Eilat | Timna Park with a drone

Sometimes you have to make shabbat work for you

Last week Shabbat began in Anchorage, Alaska at about 22:15 and ended at 23:45. At Chabad for lunch we sat with a woman from Beit Shemesh who was sent there by her company. They do not have any customers in Alaska, nor do they have any business associates.  This shomer Shabbat Israeli company is a subsidiary of a Virginia company for whom they provide programming and web services. The Israeli group was working against the clock to finalize a new project, which had to be implemented before the end of the weekend, due to new US legislation.  Failure to complete the project by the deadline would cost the Virginia company millions. However the Israelis were not getting approval for the project and as they came down to the wire they realized that they might not finish the project by Shabbat, and therefore might miss the deadline. And go explain that to Americans who had never worked with Jews nor Israelis. So… they sent an employee from Israel to Anchorage which is 11 hours behind Israel, and where Shabbat begins 16 hours after Israel, so that she could continue to work on the project after Shabbat began in Israel. As additional backup they also sent someone to Hong Kong who could pick up the gauntlet a few hours after Shabbat began in Anchorage, when Shabbat ended in Singapore. By the time Shabbat began in Israel approval had not yet been given to go ahead. But by mid morning she did receive the go ahead – and was able to work all day to complete the project and meet the deadline.

Who says you can't run a shomer Shabbat company successfully?

 

Lost in the 50's a nostoglic piece

flash mob by the boys from the R' Steinzaltz highschool on kibbutz Kfar Etzion. In Kikar Tzion and the Old city, outside the Churva synagogu

Jews and Native Americans: 7 Fascinating Facts

http://www.aish.com/jw/s/Jews-and-Native-Americans-7-Fascinating-Facts.html#.WLNSLz9QGcY.email

Jewish Lullabies and calming music

The Most Beautiful Flower

 
The park bench was deserted as I sat down to read.
Beneath the long, straggly branches of an old willow tree.
Disillusioned by life with good reason to frown, for the world was intent on dragging me down.
And if that weren't enough to ruin my day,
A young boy out of breath approached me, all tired from play.
He stood right before me with his head tilted down, and said with great excitement , "Look what I found!"
In his hand was a flower, and what a pitiful sight,
With its petals all worn, not enough rain, or to little light.
Wanting him to take he's dead flower and go off to play, I faked a small smile and then shifted away.
But instead of retreating he sat next to my side, and placed the flower to his nose and declared with overacted surprise!
"It sure smells pretty and it's beautiful too. That's why I picked it, here, it's for you!"
The weed before me was dying or dead. Not vibrant of colors, orange, yellow or red. But I knew I must take it or he might never leave.
So I reached for the flower, and replied, "Just what I need."
But instead of him placing the flower in my hand,
He held it midair without reason or plan.
It was then that I noticed for the very first time. That weed-toting boy could not see, he was blind.
I heard my voice quiver, tears shone like the sun.
As I thanked him for picking the very best one.
"You're welcome, " he smiled, and then ran off to play, unaware of the impact he'd had on my day.
I sat there and wondered how he managed to see, a self-pitying woman beneath as old willow tree.
How did he know of my self-indulged plight? Perhaps from his heart, he'd been blessed with true sight.
Through the eyes of a blind child, at last I could see,
the problem was not with the world: the problem was me.
And for all of those times I myself had been blind, I vowed to see the beauty in life, and appreciate every second that's mine.

See you tomorrow

Love Yehuda Lave

Rabbi Yehuda Lave

Your mailing address

Contact Phone

Website

LIKE TWEET FORWARD

You received this email because you signed up on our website or made purchase from us.

Unsubscribe