Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The New Alphabet for Golden Agers !! and the Benefits of Brevity

Benefits Of Brevity

In many situations, by speaking less you will accomplish more.

One of the biggest mistakes people make when they argue with others is that they go on and on and on and on and on, etc., for much too long. Frequently the other person isn't really listening. He is just waiting for his turn to deliver his soliloquy.

The longer one speaks when there is a quarrel, the more likely it is that he will say things that would have been better not said. Reminding a person of his past mistakes and errors, is usually not conducive to resolving issues. Pointing out to a person how he reminds you of this or that difficult to get along with person, is usually not conducive to resolving issues. Putting a person down, speaking condescendingly, and adding lengthy stories and metaphors, is usually not conducive to resolving issues.

The short formula to keep in mind during a quarrel is: Be concise and focus on your outcome.

Omit unnecessary words. Let each word count. Each word should be part of what you need to say to reach your outcome. Speaking of words see the New Alphabet below.

Love Yehuda

 
New Alphabet
A  is for apple, and  B is for boat,
That used to be right, but now it won't float!
Age before beauty is what we once said,
But let's be a bit more realistic instead.

Now TheAlphabet:

A's   for arthritis;
B's the bad back,
C's the chest pains,
Perhaps car-d-iac?
D is for dental decay and decline,
E  is for eyesight, can't read that top line!
F is for fissures and fluid retention
G
is for gas which I'd rather not mention.

H is High blood pressure--I'd rather it low
I For incisions with scars you can show.
J is for joints, out of socket, won't mend,
K  is for knees that crack when they bend.
L for libido, what happened to sex?
M is for memory, I forget what comes next.
N
is neuralgia, in nerves way down low
O
is for osteo, bones that don't grow!

P for prescriptions, I have quite a few,  Just give me a pill, I'll be good as new!
Q is for queasy, is it fatal or flu?
R is for reflux, one meal turns to two.

S is for sleepless nights, counting my fears,
T is for Tintinitus, bells in my ears!
U is for urinary, troubles with flow;
V for vertigo, that's 'dizzy', you know.
 

W for worry,  NOW what's going 'round?
X is for X ray, and what might be found.
Y
for another year I'm left here behind,
Z  is for zest I still have-- in my mind.
I've survived all the symptoms, my body's deployed,
And I'm keeping twenty-six doctors fully employed!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY !