Thursday, July 29, 2010

Treasure Trove of Color Footage of Israel from Black and White Era, starting in 1947

Take a Mental Note

It is easy to take mental capabilities for granted. Don't.

Try to feel pleasure in your ability to speak and think. I know this for sure, becasue yesterday I could not speak, today my voice returned
 
.Appreciate that you can study wisdom. Even the greatest scholar should appreciate his ability to pronounce words, to read sentences, and to study the basics.

A person who masters this appreciation will live a life of joy.
 
No only did I lose my voice, I lost my computer becasue we are switching providers as we move into our new home..I am sending this message out as the day wanes, as I am using my office computer at 10:00 at night.
 
Tommorow, I should be back on line, but not at my usual 5:00 am but about 12:00.
 

Love Yehuda

This is incredible, beautiful and very moving....
 
The story of this film starts here:
A Bostonian named  Fred Monosson came to Israel beginning in 1947
with the latest model COLOR movie camera
 
 His son recently discovered reel upon reel of film stored in an attic and was about
to throw it away when he happened to mention it to an Israeli ... film director. 
 
The trove was saved. No other color film of this era is known to exist. 
Click on the link below and turn up your volume 
         Click here: Monosson in the News

http://www.blip.tv/file/2915188



--
Visit my Blog: http://yehudalave.blogspot.com/