Friday, June 24, 2011

What is this made of? And Viewing Misfortune as Good

Viewing Misfortune As Good


The Sages (in the Talmud Brachos 54a) says that a person is obligated to bless the Almighty for misfortune with the same joy as when one blesses for good fortune. How is it possible to fulfill this obligation?"

This question was put  to Rabbi Zushe who was extremely poor and lacked even basic necessities. Though he had many difficulties in his life, he was always happy. They went to the study hall where they found Rabbi Zushe, and asked him if  he would explain how it is possible to bless the Almighty with joy over misfortune.

"I'm surprised that our Rabbi sent you to me about this," replied Rabbi Zushe. "You should rather ask someone who suffered some misfortune in his life. I have never experienced anything bad in my life. Only good things have happened to me."


Love Yehuda

Attached is an example of garbage turned into art, showing that good is in the eye of the beholder!!




--
Visit my Blog: http://yehudalave.blogspot.com/