Thursday, November 15, 2018

RAILWAYS OF THE HOLOCAUST with Chris Tarrant

Can't see images? Click here...

Yehuda Lave, Spiritual Advisor and Counselor

Picture Your Ideal Self

 Work on improving yourself, instead of wasting time feeling sorry that you are not the way you would like.

Describe your ideal self: What type of person do you really want to be? Be as specific as possible. Don't use vague terms like "being a kind person, gaining lots of knowledge, and being successful." With these terms you will not have a clear criteria to determine if you have reached the goals.

If, for example, you wish to improve in doing kindness, clarify the specific acts of kindness you plan to do, and how often. Then, once you have a picture of your ideal self, you can plan ways to travel the path leading to that ideal.

I also am working on my weight issue. I have finally learned the idea of portion control. Before I would just eat and eat because it tasted good, and I love all foods (I can't think of many foods I don't like) and would try to control by calories by not eating sweets and cakes.I learned it didn't work, becaue I kept getting fatter and fatter. I remembered the weight watchers program where they charged you twice as much for 1/2 the food, and I know it worked. So I tried it myself for free. In four months I have given back to the universe 30 pounds (I didn't say I lost it, becaue I don't want to find the pounds again, I gave them back to the universe.). I am now under 200 and going back to my ideal weight of 180. When I was an athlete I was 160 but that required hours of exercise every day. I am satistied that 180 will keep my healthy as I increase my exercise. 180 is doable in the next six months and then I realize I have to watch myself every day for the rest of my life as I picture my ideal self.

Love Yehuda Lave 

RAILWAYS OF THE HOLOCAUST with Chris Tarrant

Chris Tarrant goes on a personal journey to explore the darkest chapter in the history of the railways, their role in the Nazi Holocaust of WWII. Traveling through three countries, Chris explores the history from the first anti-Jewish laws and the Nazi's quest to build the world's most powerful railway of war… to the eventual use of that railway network to transport millions to their deaths. Chris meets holocaust survivors as they retrace their wartime journeys, including Helga Weissova, who as a young girl recorded her experiences in the horrifying Terezin Ghetto with drawings and in her diary. In Poland, he meets Arek Hersh, a former child slave who escaped death countless times in the Ghetto and at Auschwitz where he and Chris travel together to face up to the true horror of the Holocaust. This film premieres on Channel 5 in the UK soon. Distributed worldwide by Banijay Rights (UK). © 2018 Whitworth Media Limited and Motion Content Group Limited

BEN FRANKLIN QUOTES from my sister

Tell me and I forget.

Teach me and I remember.

Involve me and I learn.

 

Benjamin Franklin

 

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Benjamin Franklin


The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.

Benjamin Franklin


Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones.

Benjamin Franklin


Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

Benjamin Franklin

 

If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately.

Benjamin Franklin

    

Ana Tico house and the art and architecture of Musrara

On October 24, 2018, I go with Nefesh on a tour of Musrara art and architecture and end up at the Tico House and see the famous paintings of Mrs. Tico

New York City's Museum of Pizza takes more of a 'fine art approach'

New York City's Museum of Pizza takes more of a 'fine art approach'

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/new-york-citys-museum-of-pizza-takes-more-of-a-fine-art-approach

See you tomorrow

Love Yehuda Lave

Rabbi Yehuda Lave

2850 Womble Road, Suite 100-619, San Diego
United States

LIKE TWEET FORWARD

You received this email because you signed up on our website or made purchase from us.

Unsubscribe