Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy birthday to Me and Happy Lag BaOmer and How they launch the big ones and True Ambition

Ethics of the Fathers and Happy Birthday to me and Happy La BaOmer

There are many words of wisdom in the Ethics of the Fathers (one of the sections of the Talmud). In Chapter One, Rabbi Hillel (one of the many Fathers quoted) says in paragraph 14: If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And if I am for myself, what am I? and if not now, when?

With that in mind I wish you all a Happy LaBomer (a minor Jewish holiday day celebrating the mystical tradition of the Kabbalah and a happy birthday to myself.

True Ambition


Rabbi Eliyahu  Dessler wrote: "When you have a true ambition for something, you will not give up hope. Giving up hope is a sign that you are lacking ambition to achieve that goal."


Love Yehuda