In order to have a loving attitude toward others, practice hearing Hashem tell you:
I love and respect you. You are perfect as you are right now. You are as valuable and important as any being on the face of this earth. I appreciate you more every day.
Love Yehuda Lave
So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. Seneca
Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken. Albert Camus
If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were. Khalil Gibran
Part of the healing process is sharing with other people who care. Jerry Cantrell
Don't brood. Get on with living and loving. You don't have forever. Leo Buscaglia
Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it. Tori Amos
I think you have to pay for love with bitter tears. Edith Piaf
Only the broken-hearted know the truth about love. Mason Cooley
Shabbat – The Soul Of The World! By Rabbi Sprecher
In the division of the Torah into chapters and verses, the account of Shabbat in the Creation story comes at the beginning of Chapter 2. The Abarbanel informs us, that this division of the Bible into different chapters, is NOT of Jewish origin. These chapter divisions were invented by the Medieval Christian Bible printers. We use them for convenience only.
By beginning a new chapter with the Shabbat, the significance of Shabbat as the climax and end product of Creation is undermined. Shabbat is the culmination of the entire Creation process, and the verses dealing with it at the beginning of Bereshit Chapter 2 should in reality conclude Chapter 1. Because the Shabbat "rest" was NOT something totally passive, just the absence of work. Shabbat rest was rather itself a proactive act. As Rashi says, "On the completion of the sixth day, the world still lacked rest, by making the Seventh Day a Day of Rest, G-d completed His Creation". Thus the verse states, "He finished and completed His work on the Seventh Day" (Bereshit 2:2).
Of the Mitzvah of Shabbat the Torah says, "In six days G-d made Heaven and Earth, and on the Seventh Day He ceased from work, and was refreshed" (Shmot 31:17). The Hebrew word VAYINAFASH "He was refreshed", is connected to the noun NEFESH which means a soul.
On the Seventh Day G-d experienced His Soul, and the function of Shabbat is to allow us to experience and appreciate our soul as well. Thus, the Talmud states that on Shabbat we receive an "additional" soul, which is an extra bonus of G-d's Holy Presence. Therefore throughout our long and bitter exile the Jew lived from Shabbat to Shabbat. As the popular saying goes, "More than the Jew kept Shabbat, the Shabbat kept the Jew".
Our problems-and the problems of the world-are not random. Everything we experience has a greater purpose than we see at the moment. It is DIVINE INTELLIGENCE unfolding through us, pushing us to evolve spiritually and expand our awareness.
A new invention from ISRAEL...wow..hope you can get one soon!!! Tell your friends, now!!!
A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. L'SHANA TOVA I don't know if you know this, but you can now purchase Kosher computers! They are made in Israel by a company called DELL-SHALOM. The price is so low... even with the shipping from Israel!
However, before you purchase a kosher computer of your own, you should know that there are some important changes from the typical non-kosher computer you are used to, such as:
1) The 'Start' button has been replaced with a 'Let's go! I'm not getting any younger!' button.
2) You hear 'Hava Nagila' during startup.
3) The cursor moves from right to left.
4) When Spell-checker finds an error it prompts, 'Is this the best you can do?'
5) When you look at erotic images, your computer says, 'If your mother knew you did this, she would die.'
6) It comes with a 'monitor cleaning solution' from Manischewitz that gets rid of all the 'schmutz und drek.'
7) When running 'Scan Disk' it prompts you with a 'You want I should fix this?' message.
8) After 20 minutes of no activity, your PC goes, 'Schloffen.'
9) The PC shuts down automatically at sundown on Friday evenings.
10) It comes with two hard drives - one for fleyshedik (business software) and one for milchedik (games).
11) Instead of getting a 'General Protection Fault' error, your PC now gets 'Ferklempt.'
12) The multimedia player has been renamed to 'Nu, so play my music already!'
13) When your PC is working too hard, you occasionally hear a loud 'Oy Gevalt!'
14) Computer viruses can now be cured with matzo ball soup.
15) When disconnecting external devices from the PC, you are instructed to 'Remove the cable from the PC's tuchus.'
16) After your computer dies, you have to dispose of it within 24 hours.
17) But best of all, if you have a kosher computer, you can't get SPAM...
Sutro Baths: A Forgotten Landmark
Brave And Tragic: A Story Of Being One Of The Mengele Twins In... the power to live and forgive. 55,276,805 Views
Dean Martin, Zero Mostel & Tommy Tune - Me & My Shadow