Thursday, March 7, 2024

The Half-Shekel of Marriage & Parsha Shekelim this Shabbat & Praying for the Sick: Must the Name Be Mentioned? Rabbi Ari Enkin & The Prohibition To Fear During War By Rabbi Shimshon HaKohen Nadel & South Israel was filled with blood, death. Brilliant red flowers now bloom among ashes by MELANIE LIDMAN & ‘They were afraid of him’: Details of deadly dental office shooting revealed in court & Rabbi Schwartz jokes




View in browser

Yehuda Lave is an author, journalist, psychologist, rabbi, spiritual teacher, and coach, with degrees in business, psychology and Jewish Law. He works with people from all walks of life and helps them in their search for greater happiness, meaning, business advice on saving money, and spiritual engagement.

Love Yehuda Lave

Join my blog by sending me an email to YehudaLave@gmail.com


The Half-Shekel of Marriage

https://www.chabad.org/parshah...

'They were afraid of him': Details of deadly dental office shooting revealed in court

https://www.sandiegouniontribu...

The Three Musketeers at the Kotel

The Three are Rabbi Yehuda Glick, famous temple mount activist, and former Israel Mk, and then Robert Weinger, the world's greatest shofar blower and seller of Shofars, and myself after we had gone to the 12 gates of the Temple Mount in 2020 to blow the shofar to ask G-d to heal the world from the Pandemic. It was a highlight to my experience in living in Israel and I put it on my blog each day to remember.

The articles that I include each day are those that I find interesting, so I feel you will find them interesting as well. I don't always agree with all the points of each article but found them interesting or important to share with you, my readers, and friends. It is cathartic for me to share my thoughts and frustrations with you about life in general and in Israel. As a Rabbi, I try to teach and share the Torah of the G-d of Israel as a modern Orthodox Rabbi. I never intend to offend anyone but sometimes people are offended and I apologize in advance for any mistakes. The most important psychological principle I have learned is that once someone's mind is made up, they don't want to be bothered with the facts, so, like Rabbi Akiva, I drip water (Torah is compared to water) on their made-up minds and hope that some of what I have share sinks in. Love Rabbi Yehuda Lave.

South Israel was filled with blood, death. Brilliant red flowers now bloom among ashes

Vered Libstein founded the festival celebrating the blossoms 19 years ago; her husband, son and mother were all murdered on Oct. 7; 'Life is stronger than everything,' she says

By MELANIE LIDMAN

Vered Libstein poses for a portrait among anemone wildflowers in bloom near Kibbutz Or HaNer in southern Israel, Monday, Feb. 12, 2024 (AP Photo/Maya Alleruzzo)

Praying for the Sick: Must the Name Be Mentioned?

Rabbi Ari Enkin

Praying for the Sick: Must the Name Be Mentioned? | The Jewish Press - JewishPress.com | Rabbi Ari Enkin | 5 Adar I 5784 – Wednesday, February 14, 2024 | JewishPress.com

The Prohibition To Fear During War

By Rabbi Shimshon HaKohen Nadel

The Prohibition To Fear During War | The Jewish Press - JewishPress.com | Rabbi Shimshon HaKohen Nadel | 5 Adar I 5784 – Wednesday, February 14, 2024 | JewishPress.com

Israeli soldiers seen at the end of a military drill in the Golan Heights on February 11.

RABBI SCHWARTZ'S FUNNY GRAVESTONE JOKES OF THE WEEK

"I saw a gravestone that said 'Here lies a math teacher. He finally found peace in being a sum of all parts.'"

"My friend's gravestone says 'Beloved coffee lover. He couldn't espresso how much he meant to us.'"

"On another gravestone, it reads 'An avid baker. Life really kneaded him, but he always rose to the occasion.'"

"A musician's gravestone reflects 'He was always in treble, but found harmony in the end.'"

"A chef's gravestone bears the words 'He spiced up our lives and left us with seasoned memories.'"

A skydiver's gravestone bears the words 'He soared through life and embraced the fall. In the end, he took a leap of faith.'"

"On a magician's gravestone, it says 'He pulled off disappearing acts with such poise. Now he has vanished into eternity.'"

"A carpenter's gravestone reads 'He crafted a life full of love and sawdust. Now he's nailed the final masterpiece.'"

"In memory of a librarian, the gravestone declares 'She was always bound to books. Now she rests between the pages of history.'"

"A comedian's gravestone states 'His jokes will forever echo in our hearts. Laughter was his final punchline.'"

A lawyer's wife died. At her grave, everyone was appalled. The tombstone read, "HERE LIES PHYLLIS, WIFE OF ATTORNEY MURRAY WILLIAMS; SPECIALIZES IN DIVORCE AND MALPRACTICE".

Murray burst into tears. His brother said, "You SHOULD cry, pulling a cheap publicity stunt like this. Murray said, "You don't understand. I gave them my business card"

His brother apologized.. But then he continued "…and they didn't include the phone number!"

Two men walking in a cemetery find a recent gravestone , so they read it:

"Here lies an honest man and a competent lawyer"

So one of the guys turn to the other:

"When did they start burying two people together?"

What is written on a very successful hacker's tombstone? "R" His IP is well hidden.

Why would I want to buy a tombstone? It's the last thing I need.

Yankel was blessed with 12 children yet that was turning out to be a problem for him when he was trying to rent a house. No landowner would allow him to rent their house due to the number of children he had. Frustrated, Yankel told his wife to visit her father's tombstone and bring all but their youngest child with her.

He then visited a property and told the landowner that he would like to rent the place.

"Is this your only child?" asked the landowner.

"No, I have 12 children" replied the man.

"Then where are the other 11 kids?"

"In the cemetery with my wife," he truthfully replied.

Late one night, Jack takes a shortcut through a cemetery. Hearing a tapping sound he becomes scared and quickens his pace. The tapping gets louder and Jack is now scared out of his wits. Then he notices a man chiseling a tombstone.

"Thank goodness!" Jack says to the man. "You gave me a fright of my life. Why are you working so

late?"

"They spelled my name wrong."

There was once a man named Odd. He was very embarrassed by his name and didn't want anyone to know about it. When he died he had no name written on his gravestone. One day a bunch of tourists came to his town and visited the graveyard where they came across a gravestone with no name on it.

"That's Odd!" He said.

This morning as I was walking through I saw someone crouching behind a gravestone. I said, 'Morning.

' He said, 'No I'm just lost my keys.'

After my friend died from an allergic reaction to peanuts, I went to his funeral. Everyone got upset when I put an Epipen on his tombstone.

So I explained: "It's what he would have wanted"

See you tomorrow bli neder

We need Mashiach now!

What is disliked by you, don't do to others. Be nice and kind and smile!

Love Yehuda Lave

Yehuda Lave, Spirtual Advisor and Counselor

Jerusalem, Jerusalem
 Israel

972-585043210
YehudaLave@gmail.com

You received this email because you signed up on our website or made a purchase from us.

Unsubscribe


--
or back up blog

http://loveheced.blogspot.com  (Judaism without the Work)


--
Posted By Blogger to Yehuda Lave, Spiritual Advisor and Counselor at Mar 7, 2024, 4:40 AM

Unsubscribe from new post emails for this blog.


--
or back up blog

http://loveheced.blogspot.com  (Judaism without the Work)