Thursday, May 19, 2011

A 111 Gigapixel Photo -- What detail!! and be grateful for past benefits and a little more humor






More humor sent by friends
 

Leo Rosten, the great Jewish writer and an authority on Jewish humor, stated that one of the characteristics of Jewish humor is "revenge over the oppressor by the use of circumstance or wiliness."  Here is such a story:

Moshe was sitting at the bar staring at his drink when a big, trouble-making biker full of tattoos and wearing a black leather jacket swaggers in and steps up next to him, grabs his drink and gulps it down in one swig and menacingly says, "Thanks Jew Boy, whatcha going to do about it?" Moshe burst into tears. 

"Come on, man," the biker says, "I didn't think you'd CRY. I can't stand to see a grown man crying.  What's your problem?"  

"This is the worst day of my life," Moshe  says.  "I'm a complete failure. I was late to a meeting and my boss fired me.  When I went to the parking lot, I found my car had been stolen and I don't have any insurance.  I left my wallet in the cab I took home.  I  found my wife in bed with the postman and then my dog bit me. So I came to this bar to work up the courage to put an end to it all.  I buy a drink; drop a capsule in and sit here watching the poison dissolve; then you show up and drink the whole thing!"

"But, enough about me, how's your day going?"

Daily Lift #913

Be Grateful For Past Benefits From Schools and Jobs


When a person leaves a school or a job for another school or job, he should keep in mind what he is grateful for. Even if he feels he is benefiting more from his new school or new job, he should remember what he gained in the past from the previous places.

There are many reasons why a person might have been dissatisfied at a previous place where he was. Nevertheless, he still gained and benefited from the people of that place. It's easy for many people to remember the negative aspects of previous places, especially if a person left on not such friendly terms. They might want to throw verbal stones at the prior school or job. Our debt of gratitude tells us not only not to speak against that place, but to say or do things that are an expression of gratitude.

Look at the previous place with a good eye. When you speak about it, begin your sentences with, "I am grateful to them for…" When you do so, you are expressing your own positive character.




--
Visit my Blog: http://yehudalave.blogspot.com/