Thursday, January 15, 2015

The most important speech that u missed and travel plans as u age


Your Real Pleasure Potential

In physical matters, a person's desires are always greater than the actual potential for pleasure.

But in spiritual matters, such as studying Torah and doing good deeds, a person's pleasure will be commensurate to his desire for those things. The greater you desire them, the more pleasure you will experience!

Love Yehuda Lave


The OU Gang finds its way to
The Ber Sheva Tel and its water system


Travel plans for this year:
I've been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. 
Apparently,you can't go alone.You have to be in Cahoots with someone else.
I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there. 
I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there.  
I've made several trips there, thanks to my family, friends and work.
I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not much on physical activity anymore. 
I have also been in Doubt. That's a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often. 
I've been in Flexible, too, but only when it was very important to stand firm. 
Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older. 
One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! 
It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart! 
At my age I need  all the stimuli I can get! 
I may have been in Continent, but I don't remember what country I was in. 
It's an age thing. They tell me it's very wet and damp there






The important speech that u missed





Subject: Fwd: Tel Aviv opera house management rejects request of conductor to play Hatikva in memory of victims (would upset audience)


Subject: Tel Aviv opera house management rejects request of conductor to play Hatikva in memory of victims (would upset audience)

 

Maestro ditches opera after request to play 'Hatikva' denied Frédéric Chaslin sought to play anthem in honor of the Paris victims, but Israel's principal opera company refused By Marissa Newman Times of Israel January 11, 2015, 3:55 pm 16 http://www.timesofisrael.com/maestro-ditches-opera-after-request-to-play-hatikva-denied/

 

A French-Jewish conductor refused to appear at the Israeli Opera for a performance on Saturday evening, after the Tel Aviv opera house's management denied his request to play "Hatikva" in commemoration of the victims of the terror attacks in France last week.

 

Parisian-born Frédéric Chaslin had asked to say a few words and play the Israeli national anthem in honor of the 17 people killed in Paris last week — in the kosher supermarket siege and shootout at the Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine, and a policewoman killed separately — but was told the move would upset the audience. He subsequently left the theater, and an understudy conducted the performance.

 

"It was refused to me," Chaslin wrote on Facebook regarding his request.

"'It would upset our audience,' 'it is against the management's policies.'

What management? What policy? Where am I? In a country supposed to be the sanctuary for all Jewish people in the world? Has the 'audience' of this country lost their souls?

 

"As a result of course I refused to conduct tonight," he concluded.

 

Chaslin was not immediately available for comment.

 

A statement from the Israeli Opera in Tel Aviv-Yaffo condemned the Paris attacks, but insisted the theater must remain a haven from terror.

 

"The Israeli opera is pained by tragedy and its aftermath and its heart is with the French nation and Jewish community," it said.

 

"For the 30 years that the opera has been in operation, it has insisted on maintaining its routine even on the painful days of dozens of terror attacks and during wars. This is the way of the opera — not to allow terror to win and disturb the routine of our lives."

 

With the "complex reality we live in" it would be necessary to "sing Hatikva nearly every day," it said.

 

Chaslin, a celebrated conductor and composer formerly of the Santa Fe Opera, is the son of Holocaust survivors. He is set to conduct 10 more performances of the La Rondine opera this month, and the opera house said that to the best of its knowledge, he would conduct as scheduled.

 

Chaslin is also slated to appear at UNESCO later this month for a concert commemorating the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz.



--