Sunday, August 16, 2015

Ramblings of a Retired Mind

Magnificent Gift of Life

When you wake up in the morning, the rest of your life begins again. How will you act on the momentous occasion of a new beginning? What would enable you to live today fully alive and energized?

When we wake up in the morning, we are off to the start of a new day. We start off each morning with an expression of gratitude to the Source of our life for giving us the gift of life today. A question that will enhance your life is: "How can I utilize this magnificent gift in the best possible way for today?"

Today I am going to use this gift to do my attempt to help the Jewish people regain their heart and soul by going up to the Temple Mount.. I will report on my trip tomorrow.


Love Rabbi Yehuda Lave

 

Rabbi Riskin: 'There Is No Rebellion Against Rabbinate'

Rabbi of Efrat explains that the decision to establish independent conversion courts is 'completely within Halacha.'
By Eliran Aharon
First Publish: 8/11/2015, 5:04 PM

Rabbi Shlomo Riskin of Efrat explained Tuesday to Arutz Sheva that the decision by a group of leading rabbis to establish independent conversion courts is "completely within Halacha" and should not be seen as a rebellion against the Chief Rabbinate.

He elucidated why there was a need for the courts, in the face of the strict conversion policies that the Rabbinate has adopted since coming under haredi control in the present government. After lifting of the Iron Curtain, he said, about 1.15 million people from the former Soviet Union immigrated into Israel under the Law of Return, but about 350,000 of these "are only Jewish paternally." They have since had about 100,000 children who, like their parents, are not considered Jewish by Halacha, unless they are converted.

The rabbi quoted Rabbi Ben-Zion Meir Hai Uziel, the former Sephardic chief rabbi, regarding people in the category of Zera' Yisrael – "the seed of Israel" – who are Jewish through their fathers, but not their mothers. According to Rabbi Uziel, "It behooves every religious court to convert such people, because they have Jewish DNA from the paternal side, and therefore, not to be exacting, certainly not to be harsh concerning them but to deeply encourage their conversion," Rabbi Riskin explained.

"Tragically," he stated, "that's not the way they are being treated by the present haredi Rabbinate." This, he warned, is bifurcating the community inside Israel and could lead to an intermarriage problem similar to the one that exists in the US.

This is why a group of leading Zionist rabbis have decided to establish religious courts that are "more user-friendly," he stated. "We have a social problem that can and should be solved."

See Video below where Rabbi Riskin gives a very lucid explanation:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/199324


UpRight is designed as a training tool for achieving better posture in a world where many of us slouch over our keyboards for hours each day.  Oded Cohen, CEO of UpRight, was always trying to help his mother, and himself, to stop slouching. Her poor posture caused her back pain, and this troubled him to the point that he founded a startup and invented a device to cure a problem shared by millions. The UpRight wearable training device, embedded with dual sensors, attaches to your lower back with hypoallergenic adhesive strips and gently vibrates every time you slouch. The company claims that wearing UpRight less than an hour a day will train your muscles and mind to sit and stand upright after only two or three weeks of use. "Our target audience is huge," says UpRight marketing manager Shani Singer. "Statistics show back pain is the No. 1 reason to miss work, and bad posture is the No. 1 reason for back pain. It's a hot topic." Cohen wanted to create something smart, simple and discreet, "unlike a brace on which you become dependent," says Singer. "He wanted to find something that would mold your memory to stand up straight and let you see results quickly." (via Israel21c)


A little video comedy from the past
Abbott & Costello - The Niagara Falls Sketch ("Slowly I Turned")
 

 

RAMBLINGS OF A RETIRED MIND

 

I found this timely, because today I was in a store that sells sunglasses, and only sunglasses. A young lady walks over to me and asks, "What brings you in today?"  

 

I looked at her, and said, "I'm interested in buying a refrigerator."  She didn't quite know how to respond.

 

Am I getting to be that age?

 

I was thinking about how a status symbol of today is those cell phones that everyone has clipped onto their belt or purse. I can't afford one. So I'm wearing my garage door opener.

 

I was thinking about old age and decided that old age is when you still have something on the ball, but you are just too tired to bounce it.

 

I thought about making a fitness movie for folks my age and calling it 'Pumping Rust.'

 

When people see a cat's litter box they always say, "Oh, have you got a cat?" Just once I want to say, "No, it's for company!"

 

Employment application blanks always ask who is to be called in case of an emergency.  I think you should write, 'An ambulance.'

 

Birds of a feather flock together and then potty on your car.

 

The older you get the tougher it is to lose weight because by then your body and your fat have   gotten to be really good friends.

 

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

 

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are XL.

 

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble..

 

Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words ' The'   and ' IRS ' together it spells   'Theirs...'

 

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

 

Some people try to turn back their "odometers." Not me. I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

 

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

 

Ah! Being young is beautiful but being old is comfortable.

 

 

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

 

 

 

 


Subject: SENIOR  COMPUTER SKILLS....


Tech support:
What kind of computer do you have?
Customer:
A white one...
Tech support:
Click on the 'my computer' icon on to the left of the screen.
Customer:
Your left or my left?

************************
Customer:
Hi, good afternoon, this is Martha, I can't print. Every time I try, it says 'can't find printer'.
I've even lifted the printer and placed it in front of the monitor, but the computer still says he can't find it..
*************************

Customer: My keyboard is not working anymore.
Tech support:
Are you sure it's plugged into the computer?
Customer:
No. I can't get behind the computer.
Tech support:
Pick up your keyboard and walk 10 paces back.
Customer:
OK
Tech support:
Did the keyboard come with you?
Customer:
Yes
Tech support:
That means the keyboard is not plugged in.
*************************
Customer:
I can't get on the Internet.
Tech support:
Are you sure you used the right password?
Customer:
Yes, I'm sure. I saw my colleague do it.
Tech support:
Can you tell me what the password was?
Customer:
Five dots.
*************************
Tech support:
What anti-virus program do you use?
Customer:
Netscape.
Tech support:
That's not an anti-virus program.
Customer:
Oh, sorry... Internet Explorer..
*************************
Customer:
I have a huge problem. A friend has placed a screen saver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears.
*************************
Tech support:
How may I help you?
Customer:
I'm writing my first email.
Tech support:
OK, and what seems to be the problem?
Customer:
Well, I have the letter 'a' in the address, but how do I get the little circle around it?
*************************
This one and the next
are our personal favorites!
A woman customer called the Canon help desk with a problem with her printer.
Tech support:
Are you running it under windows?
Customer:
'No, my desk is next to the door, but that is a good point.
The man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window, and his printer is working fine.'
************************
And last but
not least!
Tech support:
'Okay Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time.
That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter 'P' to bring up the Program Manager.'
Customer:
I don't have a P.
Tech support:
On your keyboard, Bob.
Customer:
What do you mean?
Tech support:
'P'.....on your keyboard, Bob.
Customer:
I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT

 

 

This is a powerful new clip from the new documentary "World War II: Saving the Reality" narrated by Dan Aykroyd. Don't be another bystander in Holocaust denial. Keep their stories alive.

http://www.israelvideonetwork.com/the-prophecies-that-are-coming-true-before-our-eyes/?omhide=true&utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=If+You+Don%E2%80%99t+Keep+Sharing+The+Stories+Of+Holocaust+Survivors%2C+They+Will+Forever+Go+Untold&utm_campaign=20150813_m126932514_8%2F13+Today%27s+Israel+Connection%3A+If+You+Don%E2%80%99t+Keep+Sharing+The+Stories+Of+Holocaust+Survivors%2C+They+Will+Forever+Go+Untold&utm_term=Screen-Shot-2015-05-03-at-3_59_08-PM_jpg_3F1439443985

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




--



--