Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Alphabet of getting older and a walk on the wild side


Use Pride to Drive You



The Sage (Chazon Ish)  once wrote to a close student who was very humble:

"It would be preferable if you had a bit of conceit. This would help you fight fatigue and laziness. Because you are so humble, you are only using your good inclination. It would be preferable if you would harness the energy of both your good and bad inclinations."


The bible teaches that our "bad boy side" can be used for good as well as bad. It is this side of us that kicks us into gear from sitting around and mediating all day.  Some Eastern religions say that the secret to spirituality is to drop out and meditate. In Judaism we see spirituality is getting into a world that needs fixing, and fix it.  This is what makes Judaism unique. We need our "bad boy" side to tolerate the attacks that will come on us when we attempt to make change. 

I experienced this last night when I tried to help a couple make their life easier. I spent two hours having to convince them to save their hard earned money. This is a little upside down, because most of the time, our bad boy side wants to make more money. Without a "bad boy side" people don't take any action and stay in fear. The Chazon Ish taught you can harness the bad part to do good.

Love Yehuda








The cliff walk at Capliano Park in Vancouver


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg5gajFW2KU

Love Yehuda





 

 

 
 
 
 

            New Alphabet

New Alphabet
A
 is for apple, and B is for boat,
That used to be right, but now it won't float!
Age before beauty is what we once said,
But let's be a bit more realistic instead.


 

Now
The  Alphabet:


A's
for arthritis;
B's
the bad back,
C's
 the chest pains,

Perhaps car-d-iac?


is for dental decay and decline,
E
is for eyesight, can't read that top line!
F is for fissures and fluid retention
is for gas which I'd rather not mention.


H
 High blood pressure--I'd rather it low

I  for incisions with scars you can show.
J
is for joints, out of socket, won't mend,
K
is for knees that crack when they bend.
L
for libido, what happened to sex?
is for memory, I forget what comes next.
N is neuralgia, in nerves way down low
O is for osteo, bones that don't grow!

P
for prescriptions, I have quite a few,
Just give me a pill, I'll be good as new!

Q
is for queasy, is it fatal or flu?
R
is for reflux, one meal turns to two.



S
is for sleepless nights, counting my fears,
T
is for Tinnitus, bells in my ears!
U
is for urinary, troubles with flow;
V for vertigo, that's 'dizzy', you know.


W
for worry, NOW what's going 'round?
X
is for X ray, and what might be found..
Y for another year I'm left here behind,
Z is for zest I still have-- in my mind.


I've survived all the symptoms, my body's deployed, 
And I'm keeping twenty-six doctors fully employed!!!



HAVE A GREAT DAY

 




--
Visit my Blog: http://yehudalave.blogspot.com/