Friday, May 17, 2013

A light undo the nations by Gutman Locks and a joke by William Shatner




Maintaining Self-Confidence When Challenged By Pessimists


Even the most talented and capable people will be challenged by pessimists. Don't automatically assume that others are correct with they try to dissuade you.
We need to be open to objective feedback. Perhaps the questions about our abilities or qualifications are valid. On the other hand, the other person's negativity might not reflect our actual abilities and potential.

Perhaps it just reflects his own self-image and mindset. When you have realistic self-confidence, you have a better chance of success.

Only by trying do we gain more knowledge of what we can and can't do at this time. If you have pure motives for what you are trying to do, it is wise to try.

The greatest people have become great because they weren't stopped by people who did not share their vision.  Many times people have had to make many attempts before they accomplished what they had hoped to accomplish.

The deep conviction that they would reach their goal led to tremendous success.

Love Yehuda Lave
William Shatner tells a Joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4ct53xAu8

A Light Unto the Nations

By Gutman Locks

     Jews have been given a double portion. First of all, we are to be a nation of priests. This means that we should live our lives as if we were priests who served in the Holy Temple in Jerusalem. Obviously, we cannot go up onto the Temple Mount and offer sacrifices, but we can offer our sacrifices on a spiritual level. For instance; we turn our Shabbos tables into holy altars by lovingly sharing our kosher food with others, and our charity and our other good deeds can substitute for the incense offering that the priests burned in the Temple.

     The second service that Hashem allocated to the Jewish people is that we are to be a light unto the Nations. This means that we must teach the Nations of the world (the non-Jews) how they can serve G-d so they can earn a share in the World to Come.

     With this in mind, I decided to make a video for them, but to do it right I wanted to do it with a non Jew who kept the Seven Commandments of Noah. I thought this would be a great way to present these laws to the public. But where was I going to find one of these righteous non Jews in Jerusalem?

     I prayed for a few days that Hashem would send me such a person. No one showed up. I kept praying, but still no one showed up. Then a couple of Fridays ago I went out to go to the mikvah before Shabbos, but I found myself leaving 20 minutes early. This was very unusual. I said to myself, "Why are you going out so early? The mikvah isn't open yet. You are going to have to stand there 20 minutes waiting!"

     But still I went out. I was trying to figure out why I was going so early when a tall, non Jewish man stopped me on the street. He said. "Do I know you? Yeah, we met at the Western Wall a few months ago. Do you remember me? I am a B'nei Noah?"

     I said, "You are an angel! G-d sent you to me for a good reason." I told him about the video and he liked the idea. We arranged to meet early in the week to shoot it. Here is the link to our conversation.

      If you share it with others, you too, will be fulfilling your mitzvah of being a light unto the Nations. The more you share it, the more light there will be.








--
Visit my Blog: http://yehudalave.blogspot.com

or http://www.yehudalave.com/