If a person has many faults in different areas and is confused about where to start, he should select one trait and work specifically on it. It takes self-discipline to correct a trait. To overcome a fault, your intellect must rule over your desires.
Once you've gone through the process once, this will help you correct many other traits.
Realize as well that all character traits are dependent on each other. If you correct one trait, this will automatically be a stepping stone to correcting other traits.Love Yehuda Lave
The Rainbow: from Infrared to Ultraviolet
What are the core beliefs of Judaism? Throughout the ages the greatest of our sages have dealt with this question. Rambam, Moses Maimonides (1135-1204), the well-known and revered Jewish philosopher and scholar, formulated "The 13 Principles of Jewish Faithf" as the essential beliefs of our heritage. He clearly categorizes and clarifies the essence of our beliefs.
The Thirteen Principles of Belief (faith) fall into three categories: A) The nature of the belief in God, B) The authenticity, validity and immutability of the bible, C) The responsibilities upon human beings and our ultimate reward. Every principle as stated by Maimonides is prefaced with "I believe with complete belief that..." The Nature of the Belief in God has five principles of the thirteen
1) The Creator creates and guides all creatures; He alone made, makes, and will make everything. (There is no partnership in creation. God is the sole Creator and the universe continues to exist only because He wills it so. He could exist if everything else were to come to an end, but it is inconceivable that there could be any form of existence independent of Him). Once he creates us, we do have a partnership with him to tikun (fix) the world.
2) The Creator is unique and there is no uniqueness like His in any way; that He alone is our God, Who was, Who is and Who always will be. (God is a complete and total Unity. He is not a collection of limbs and organs, as are man and animals. He cannot be split as can a rock or divided into component elements as can everything else in creation).
3) The Creator is not physical and is not affected by physical phenomena; there is no comparison whatsoever to Him. (His essence cannot be understood by human beings who are physical; we cannot conceive of a Being unaffected by the laws of nature and physics).
4) The Creator is the very first and very last. (He is eternal and the first source. He created everything and transcends time which is also a creation. See Genesis and the Big Bang by Gerald Schroeder -- and the classic commentaries on the book of Genesis).
5) To the Creator alone is it proper to pray; it is not proper to pray to any other. (No creation has any power independent of what God assigns to it. To attribute ultimate power to any thing or being other than God falls in the category of idol worship).
Russia is developing a microwave gun to shoot down drones 6 miles away
Russia's United Instrument Manufacturing Corporation is developing the weapon that can shoot down drones (stock image show). It will be revealed at the Army-2015 show in Moscow this week.
Read the full story:
16 June 2015
how sad it is: 911 calls of the future:
Subject: : 911 Calls In The Future
Adorable moment police dogs form perfect queue to get their dinner
The photograph taken at a police dog academy in China shows the dogs queuing up for dinner with plates in mouths. A black Labrador heads up the line as they sit patiently with their ears pricked.
Read the full story:
16 June 2015
The Hebrew Break Dancer
'The cat without fear''AFour Seasons Hotel in Bora Bora.Conservatory of Music in China.So embrace the zebrasKiss in Paris.Premature elephant born only one minute ago.Each year in February, the sun's angle is such thatHorsetail Falls waterfall lights like fire. Yosemite , USAHouseboat , Iceland .A scared Panda grabs onto the leg of a policeman.after an earthquake in Japan.Japan .Kalapana , Hawaii where the sea meets the lava''I think I'll try to take a picture of myself''(Monkey "selfie?"Beijing Airport by nightTwo year-old Chimpanzee feeding milkto "Acorn" a small tiger 60 days old.Ducks tend to continue to follow this dog, throughout his/her life,because they saw the dog first at their birth!Highway in Japan with snow around morethan 10 meters high. Unbelievable.Spectacular rice fields in China.Austria 's Green Lake is a beautiful park in winter.The snow melts in summer and creates a very clear lake.Undersea tunnel linking Sweden and Denmark.The world's highest swimming pool is locatedin the skyscraper Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.Amazing lightning storm over the Grand Canyon.Baby Chameleons.Beautiful image of a panda bear panda helping another."The road to Heaven" a place in Irelandwhere every two years the stars align with the road.World's Largest Swimming Pool in San Alfonso, Chile.More than 1,000 yards long.Crystal Palace . Madrid .''Heaven's Gate'',Zhangjiajie Tianmen Mountain , China .The Northern Lights', Alaska.Llamas after fleecing(They look like Michael Dukakis!)The white owl, unbelievable.The famous'' Rosa Moss Bridges", Ireland.Eiffel Tower .Romantic and beautiful Paris, France.Road to Hana, Maui, Hawaii.Restaurant hanging, Belgium.Sea otters hold hands while they sleepin case the current leads to awaken together.There are animals with moresensitivity than many people.Fireman giving drink to a baby Koala in Australia fires.Amazing view of Manhattan,New York , from above.Frozen bubbles in the Canadian Rockies, Canada.Spiral cloud in the sky.An Iridescent Cloud in Himalaya.Phenomenon observed on October 18, 2009.View of the semi-submerged cataract. Hawaii.Northern lights over theRocky Mountains in Canada
One of my daughters told me a wonderful story last week – a story that I have already used in one of my public lectures here in Jerusalem. The story goes as follows: A third-grade child that attends a Jewish day school in the United States has two teachers – one for religious Hebrew studies and one for the general studies program. The general studies teacher was trying to explain to her students the difference between a fact and an opinion.